What can be done about complications with my insurance provider?
The insurance industry is regulated on a state level, rather than the federal level. For more information, please visit the South Dakota Division of Insurance website at http://dlr.sd.gov/reg/insurance/ or call 605-773-3563. Return to Top
Do I need a passport to travel to Canada or Mexico?
Beginning on December 31, 2006, passports will be required for all air and sea travel to or from Mexico and Canada. If you are crossing the land border, passports will be required beginning December 31, 2007. If traveling to the Caribbean, Bermuda, Central and South America, a passport is required beginning December 31, 2005. Return to Top
I am traveling on short notice and need a passport. Can the Senator help process my passport quickly?
There are certain instances when the Senator can help expedite the processing of passports. Please contact one of Senator Thune's state offices to see if you qualify. Click here for state office contact information. Return to Top
Can the Senator help me obtain my child support payments?
Child custody and child support issues are regulated by the state, and the Senator has no jurisdiction over these matters. Visit the South Dakota Department of Social Services website at http://www.state.sd.us/social/DCS/index.htm or call 1-800-286-9145 for more information. Return to Top
I am traveling to Washington, DC with my family. How can I receive more information on obtaining a tour?
Tours of selected federal buildings are available to constituents. For more information on tours, visit the DC Tours section of this website or contact the Washington office at 202-224-2321 or toll-free from South Dakota 866-850-3855. Return to Top
Can veterans get their military service medals through the Senator's office?
Yes, my office is able to get medals for veterans through the National Personnel Records Center. Contact the constituent services office that serves your area for more information. Return to Top