U.S. Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) announced today that seven South Dakota students, whom he nominated in January 2018, have been appointed to our nation’s service academies for the class entering this summer.
“It’s always a pleasure and an honor for me to nominate some of South Dakota’s young and dedicated men and women to service academies around the country,” said Thune. “I am glad to have received notification of their appointments and am confident South Dakota and the rest of the United States will be well represented by their service.”
Students who received appointments include:
- Ryan Berry of Sioux Falls to the U.S. Military Academy;
- Caleb Carnes of Brookings to the U.S. Air Force Academy;
- Jennifer Chatwell of Sioux Falls to the U.S. Naval Academy;
- Ryan Habeck of Ft. Pierre to the U.S. Air Force Academy;
- Cain Lounsbery of Brookings to the U.S. Military Academy; and
- Seth Orson formerly of Watertown to the U.S. Air Force Academy.
For more information on how and when to apply for service academy nominations, please contact Thune’s office at (605) 334-9596.