Sen. Thune is a strong conservative who fights for conservative values and a smaller federal government. He is committed to enacting legislation that fosters lower spending, lower taxes, increased competition, and greater fiscal responsibility.
Highlights of Sen. Thune’s Commitment to Conservative Values:
- Defender of Life:
- Voted to redirect federal funds from Planned Parenthood to other women’s health programs.
- Protects Conscience Rights:
- Cosponsor of legislation to protect Americans’ conscience rights as it relates to marriage and pro-life values.
- Advances Conservative Judicial Principles:
- Opposed advancing judicial nominees who support legislating from the bench.
- Fights for Smaller Government:
- Authored the Taxpayer Bill of Rights Enhancement Act, much of which was signed into law in 2015, to protect taxpayers from violations of their rights by the Internal Revenue Service.